Let me be.
Be a stranger in my own world. Be a singer in my own silence.
A dancer in the pouring rain. A builder in the desert. An unemployed worker.
Be the best equation in a dictionary. Be a rebel. Be a lover. Be a poet.
Be who I am. Not who I was.
Past is an illusion. The future never comes. So let me be.
The biggest truth is full of lies. The greatest lie is based on the most misunderstood truth.
I can't help. Can't help falling in love with every inch of you. With the craziest of your moods. With the brightest of your smiles. You're not a magician but everything you do is magic. I find my purpose in your love. You influence my actions. My thoughts. My heart.
So I write you a letter. And a piece of me is left in this page. So when I'm gone,I can still remind you of my love. Of me. Of us. Maybe I'm a fool. A fool for loving. A fool for caring. But I rather be a fool than being a crazy man. Because crazy is the man that rejects love.
I'm a citizen of the world. Not of a government. Escaper from every controlling system. Warrior for freedom. Peace activist in times of conflicts.
I look at the stars. I look down at earth. I wonder if we should not be taking care of our home instead of looking for something we might never find. Looking after our people instead of trying to find other forms of life.
Because intelligent is the specie that lives in harmony with its home. Not the one who destroys it.

                                        Tiago Sousa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog