I am the story they have never told.
I am the white page in their favourite book.
I am the silence in their favourite song. The rain in their favourite summer.
I am the people they have never met. The places they haven't visit.
The signs they haven't read.
Looking into the mirror I can see. See everything I've ever dreamed of.
I see the scientist. The writer. The explorer.
I see the adventures I never went on. I see my home.
I see myself. I see the mornings by the beach. The dinners under the moonlight.
The wine in every meal. The football in every afternoon.
I see a Portuguese. Leaving his country. Abandoning his childhood with the promise of a better life.
I see the politicians telling us to emigrate before it is too late.
I see families being destroyed by other people's greed. I see myself.
I'm looking at a picture of you. And it brings me the most joyful memories.
It brings me the romance. It brings me your fingertips. Your kissable lips.
It brings me the moments. The unforgettable hours we spent together.
I want you here. I want us fighting over the most insignificant things. I want us wondering about the future.
About the words we never said. So I want you. And all the things you bring along.

                                    Tiago Sousa

Comments

  1. Have you ever wondered how life would be if they just told us everything? I see myself as well, the pointless writer who writes and sings but knows I'm not going anywhere, are we all just pointless people? Or are we somehow someone worthy? (Also I tried to comment from my wordpress account it doesn't let me) Keep up with the good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is such a good question. I personally think that as writers, we do have the responsability to spread our vision and try to make the world a better place to live in. But, of course,we must recognize how small and insignificant we are in such a big world we live in. Therefore, and I must enphasize how personal and relative my opinion is, I do think that we are simple messengers who lose a little time observing the world around us. Worthy or not, only time will tell. Thank you so much!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog