I want to be an astronaut.
Be an astronaut and fly away.
Fly away to the farthest galaxy. Or, if possible, to the closest heart.
I want to find a planet. A planet where the green forests are not being destroyed by people's ambition.
A planet where guns are a taboo. Where peace is taught at schools.
A planet with no countries. Just a nation. Who realized they were one. And not many.
A planet where coexistence is possible. Where every specie has a voice.
I want to be an astronaut. But for now, I'm just one more dreamer in a world of accommodated souls.
In the silence of the night I find your mesmerizing eyes. You tell me about your day. And how tired you are.
I'm drifting into the beautiful melody of your heartbeat. Of your voice.
You lay your head on my chest. And secretly, I thank my lucky star for this moment.
I write. I write all night long. I write so maybe one day my thoughts will be heard.
Words are nothing without a meaning. Time is nothing without a clock.
Love is nothing without someone. Someone to spread it.
How big is the universe we are in. How small is the human being. In their greatness, men will find their doom.
Humbleness. Humbleness to preserve. To protect. To respect. Humbleness shall be the saviour.
The sky is dark and the moon irradiates its light.
In the streets are the least fortunate ones. The ones rejected by whoever is up there.
Hoping that Amsterdam will keep their biggest secrets.

                                              Tiago Sousa

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog