Rain fell on the roof top.
Fell to remind me that I’m a still a child.
I’m a child whose body has grown.
Once upon a time I was told to grow old.
But once upon a time, I chose to remain young.
Rain fell on the roof top.
Fell to remind me that I’m still a child.
A child with a pen. In a war that cannot be won.

They want to buy a piece of my youth.
Because they have sold theirs.
Little sweet heart, we are more.
More than the golden oceans they swim in.
We are the nature within the forest. The roots, the air,
the sun.

Vanity will slowly kill my brothers and sisters.
So, my words go to the ones who were not born yet.
Hoping that Humanity will understand. Understand that,
it was never about creating a better world to the children,
but always about creating better children to this little world we live in.

                                                                                  

                                                     
Tiago Sousa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog